The Mocktail Hour
Photo by Ralph Lauer
The alcohol-free cocktail isn’t just for teetotalers anymore.
Buzz-free beverages are a nice option to offer at your home party. We came up with a few fruit-based drinks that are easy to whip up, beautiful to look at and quite tasty.
The Green Glacier
- 20 seedless green grapes, frozen
- 4 ounces white grape juice
- 4 ounces cold sparkling water
- Additional seedless green grapes, frozen, for garnish
Combine grapes and juice in a blender and process until smooth and thick. Pour mixture into two highball glasses, and top each with sparkling water. Stir. Garnish with additional frozen grapes.
The Mojito Mocktail
- ²/3 ruby or pink grapefruit, cut into small chunks, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 cup small ice cubes
- ½ cup pink grapefruit soda, plus additional pink grapefruit soda
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
Place grapefruit, honey and mint in a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler, smash the fruit until the juice is released. Add 1 cup small ice cubes and ½ cup soda to the shaker; attach the lid and shake vigorously until combined. Divide between two rocks glasses, add more ice if desired, and top off with additional soda. Stir, garnish with mint sprigs and serve.
- 8 ounces pineapple juice
- 8 ounces club soda
- Fresh pineapple spears
Combine pineapple juice and club soda in a pitcher. Mix well. Pour over ice into two tall glasses and garnish each with a pineapple spear.